Making a Side Table my Own Way - Part 3 - Clock Table

Please check out Part 1 and Part 2 of this series to see how I designed and made this table.




After the table was stained, I first put vaseline in spots on the table base and legs as I describe in this post.
Then I painted with white paint on top, in a bit of a rough way, not being concerned about covering every bit of wood.  The vaseline stops the paint from getting through to the wood.  Once the paint is dry, I just rub away the vaseline and the stain shows in those parts.

Here is the underside of the table with the Z clips that I often use.  These clips are essential to allow for wood movement in the top (the clock part).  I wrote more about that here.



Here's another view of the finished clock table:



Now, you didn't think I'd only make just one triangular base did you?  I made another quite different table with the same base, I'll post about it soon.


For this project:


Sharing at the following blogs:
My Repurposed Life                        Miss Mustard Seed
Between Naps on the Porch             Primitive and Proper
Coastal Charm                                Brambleberry Cottage
Cedar Hill Ranch                             Very Merry Vintage Style
Knick of Time Interiors                     Savvy Southern Style
Elizabeth & Co.                               Faded Charm Cottage
Beyond the Picket Fence                 No Minimalist Here
House of Hepworths                        aka design
Common Ground                             Jennifer Rizzo
Shabby Art Boutique                       Too Much Time on my Hands
Funky Junk Interiors                        Under the Table and Dreaming

Labels: , , ,