Wedding Signs and Chalkboards

These signs were made by myself for a wedding that took place last summer.  I was contacted by the bride, through email, after she saw my local ad on Kijiji.

Sarah wanted original signs with a different font, more fun and curly, than regular signs I do. I work with brides to get the signs they want and I can do any font and any size, so the possibilities are endless.  I used old pallet wood that had been outside for quite a few years and had an aged grey patina. (All my signs are completely hand painted.)

She settled on this font:



Sarah wanted some directional signs because the drive was out in the country.  I thought these were a great idea that Sarah came up with:




She also needed some "Bride" and "Groom" signs and chalkboards.


The chalkboards were cut with grooves for the hardboard which you can see how I make here, but this time I went with mitred corners.  The couple's initials were painted on the top.


Sarah ordered 3 chalkboards to use at the reception:


She also wanted a larger sign with some writing and the couple's names and wedding date. This sign was made by edge-gluing five boards together.  (You don't need screws, glue is actually stronger than the wood and will not come apart)




This next photo shows the whole order:


Here are the signs in use on the special day:



And here is the beautiful couple:

Thank you to Sarah for choosing me to help make her day special with personalized signs and also for providing me with extra photos.

May Ray and Sarah continue to enjoy the Happiness forever!

Sharing at the following blogs:
Three Mango Seeds
Elizabeth & Co.

Labels: , , , ,