Barn Board Framed Potato Sack

I live in O'Leary which is the potato capital of Prince Edward Island.  It is home to the Canadian Potato Museum which has many displays and information about potato farming, a potato restaurant, and also has a giant potato outside.


Last fall at the potato museum, I bought two burlap potato sacks and used them this week to make two different framed pieces.

The first one uses some of the barn board that I used for a couple signs and blogged about here. I cut some boards to about 4" wide and made a rabbet in the back to hold the mdf board which the burlap is wrapped around. The corners are mitred and the board really has a lot of texture to it as you can see in the close-up photo.

This wall décor is quite large at 23" wide x 32" tall.




You can see the second framed sack at my next blog post here



Everything I make is available for sale in my shop, or online through my blog, website, facebook pages or email:

follow.your.heart@live.ca



sharing at:
The Dedicated House
Coastal Charm
DIY Sunday Showcase
Funky Junk Interiors

Labels: , ,