Window Coffee Table

I was contacted by someone locally who had a window that she wanted made in to a coffee table.  Could I do that?  Of course!

The window was brought in and I worked directly from it for measurements. The customer wanted it made out of pine and the height to be about 18" with the window on top.

The four legs are just over 1 1/2" square and I used my router to make mortises on the top for the aprons to fit into.



The side and end aprons have the corresponding tenons on the end, which I did with my table saw:


Every piece is sanded smooth before assembly.

I glue the tenons in to the mortise in pairs, so I have two ends that look like this one:


Then I glue in the side two aprons and the two lower rail pieces that will hold the bottom shelf:


The pieces that make up the shelf are screwed into the bottom rail and I added two figure 8 connectors on opposite sides (they are screwed to the top of the apron from above and then screwed into the window from below):




My customer wanted to paint the table herself, so it is left as unpainted pine.The window then sits on top:



Sharing at:
Sincerely Sara D.
French Country Cottage
My Repurposed Life (Talk of the Town)
Shabbilicious Friday
Coastal Charm
The Dedicated House
The Interior Frugalista
Funky Junk Interiors

Labels: , , ,