Christmas Sleds

I thought I had already blogged about these sleds I made, but I realize I had only shared them on facebook.

Christmas Sled 
 
I like the idea of an old wood sled for Christmas décor, so decided to make a couple to put in my store. For the white and green sleds I used 1" x 4" spruce strapping which is readily available at any building type store. I wouldn't use it for furniture, but it's good for this application. The JOY sled is made with old grey boards that I had waiting around.

For the white and green sleds I made runners about 45" long and put a dowel between them at the top and two braces spaced out to attach the top boards to. The deck boards were cut in an arch shape. This green one shows the boards clearly.

 

I painted the runners red and one sled white with a holly circle-shaped design around a large initial "R." Then I personalized the sled with our names.
 

The grey boards I had were old and thick and I only had enough to make a shorter sled, it's 35" tall and decorated with JOY to the world.

JOY Christmas Sled 

They do make a nice decoration for outside the front door.
Christmas Sled 
Christmas Sled  

These sleds are basically an enlarged version of the two sleds I made a few years ago that are 22" long. 
Let it Snow Sled

 

Merry Christmas Sled
 
 
 
Sharing at:
Funky Junk Interiors
DIY Vintage Chic
Grandma's House DIY
Talk of the Town
Shabby Art Boutique
My Love 2 Create

Labels: