Doll Cradle


Doll Cradle 

A local woman came into my shop a few weeks ago asking if I could make a doll cradle for her granddaughter. She also brought in an old cradle that was similar, but smaller than the one she wanted. I just made the parts so that the cradle would fit the little girl's favourite doll.

I used pine for this cradle and there are five pieces, two ends (the "headboard" is larger than the "footboard"), two sides and a bottom. 
Cradle Pieces 
The ends are attached to the sides with wood screws and then covered with wood plugs, the bottom is glued with a few finishing nails along the sides.

 
My customer wanted this painted so I used a good primer and then painted the cradle with a white interior semi-gloss paint.

Doll Cradle 
I hope the little recipient of this gift enjoys many hours of play with it.