Barn Board Shelf #1

I've been working on a few things for an upcoming show.  Here is a barn board shelf I just finished:




I found a few pieces of barn board that were about 34" long and already had both ends cut at an angle.  

For the top of the shelf, instead of cutting the ends straight I left them angled which preserved the aged cuts:
For the shelf supports I cut off two ends from another piece:
I glued them into grooves cut into the bottom of the shelf top:


















Then I cut a piece to fit between the shelf supports and added 3 hooks which I sprayed with Oil Rubbed Bronze paint and then distressed. The front edge of this shelf is "live" (meaning it's left as it came off the tree, not cut straight) and  the whole shelf is hand rubbed with tung oil. It really looks nicer in person!





The following post shows my second shelf which is similar:  Barn Board Shelf #2


Everything I make is for sale, if you are interested please contact me

Linking at the following great blogs:
aka design
Beyond the Picket Fence
Brambleberry Cottage
Shabby Creek Cottage
Sew Woodsy
My Repurposed Life
Remodelaholic
Kristen's Creations
Funky Junk Interiors
Jennifer Rizzo
Sisters of the Wild West
Vintage Interiors
Coastal Charm

Labels: ,