Love is patient...

I make all my signs from scratch.  Meaning I cut them to size from larger wood, often rough wood that is planed and changed from it's original size.  This leaves me with a lot of wood scraps and at some point I have to sort through and ask myself if I will actually use them.  I swear they multiply in my wood storage boxes.  Thankfully, I can use most scraps in my outdoor wood stove or my indoor fireplace.  I do find it hard to throw out anything though, and as I'm throwing some in the fire I often hesitate and wonder if maybe I can use the wood for something!

I did save these pieces from that fate.  They are all about 1 5/8" wide and cut to different lengths from 15" - 16". I glued and nailed two cross pieces that hold these all together.  I used my steel wool and vinegar stain which I described here and then did a dry-brushing of white over top.

The saying is hand painted in black, perfect for Valentine's or any day:


16" high x 13 1/2" wide


Now, just think, these pieces of pine would have been burned up!  I think I'm going to have to really take a second and third look at my scraps from now on.

This sign is for sale for $40.  Or maybe I can make a special sign for you? Please contact me through my email at follow.your.heart@live.ca



Upcycled, Repurposed and Vintage Decor Inspiration Party Knick of Time Tuesday



Sharing at:
The Scoop
Knick of Time
Elizabeth & Co.
Beyond the Picket Fence
Funky Junk Interiors

Labels: ,