Girl on Horse Coat Rack


I am posting some of my work that is currently for sale either through me here at my blog, or through my etsy shop.

This is a coat rack (or it could be used as a jewelry hanger) made of reclaimed pallet wood.

I cut a half circle for the top part and left a straight board on the bottom where the pegs are.  I glued three boards side by side to make this piece.



This is my own design, the background is routered out.  This leaves the top edging as a frame and the girl on the horse, protruding out from the background.  The horseshoes, as well as the frame and the rider and her horse, are painted black. The bottom board is also painted black and the rest is stained.


Three 5/8" diameter wooden dowels are wrapped with twine to add to the rustic look.



















This coat rack is 24 1/2" long and 9 3/4" high.  The back has two triangle hooks for hanging.


There are a few holes in the wood because it was previously a pallet. I think it adds to the character of the piece. The price is $125 plus shipping.



Here are some other items I've made by routering out a design:

Golf Motif Box

Bar Sign



Labels: , ,